Hey Family,
Sorry you didn’t get my last e-mail, I thought you got it, but I guess not. I thought it was a good one but oh well, I guess it was not meant to be- ha ha. So, this week has been pretty interesting. Our new transfer focus is Eternal Marriage, weird huh? That is odd that they want missionaries to focus on marriage but I guess it is a big deal here in California with Proposition 8 and all.
So I had my first problem with cops this week. Well I guess first real big problem with them, we were just tracting and this man comes out of the house next to us and starts to yell and curse (way to break the 3rd commandment and all kinds of bad stuff) and told us if we didn’t leave the neighborhood he is going to call the cops. Now I don’t know if I am getting to bold or if I was just having a bad day but I told him no....... plain and simple, I told him, ‘We are going to continue tracting. Go ahead and call the cops on us, they get those calls all the time.’ So we continued and the cops came and yelled at him instead of us for wasting their time, it was great! But still we went back to apologies after the cop left and he still was rude, but oh well. Not everyone is cool. I think the key thing we learn as missionaries here in so Cal is that we can prove anyone wrong and make them fell dumb and stuff but we need to be Christ like because that is where the spirit lies.
I love you!
Temperature: ~81 degrees
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment