Wow, that is awesome that every one (the scouts) got to go over Pawnee Pass again. That for sure is a great place. I loved it up there. Anyway I have got some news for you about this special assignment, it actually isn’t that bad. He is a good kid and loves to work, that is when he does work. See that is what I am talking about, he said he use to be a missionary who never worked but now he is going to finish strong and that is good. He goes home in December with me (about two weeks earlier than me) so we may or may not go home together we will see.
Anyway, you want a story about a non member? Huh, well I will tell you a story about how I came to know that I am so so so much more blunt and bold about life and other things now. It showed me I am for sure not the same person as when I left. We met this guy walking to an appointment and while we were sharing and just about ready to leave he started to ask us all these questions; like what he can and can’t do and we did explain most of the questions. But he started to get into some ridicules ones such as, “Can I eat humans?” or “Is that wrong?” And I just about fell on my butt (in shock) and we found out then he was a Satanist and I hard core called him to repentance, along with my companion (this is when I was with Elder Durbin). I have never seen so much guilt in a person’s eyes before. I sure hope he felt godly sorrow- geesh. That was about three weeks ago but it was a good one I didn’t tell you so there you go, a non-member in SO CAL.
So I want to tell you a little about my companion. He is super skinny and from Austin, Texas and he is proud of it. We also have another Texan in the apartment, so I get to here about the state all the time but it is good, I guess I get to learn.
Have you found Bill next door to be ready to take the missionary lessons? Because I think he would make a great member. This is a fun game that keeps you missionary minded, look at a person that is a non-member and imagine what calling they might be good at. It really makes you want them to be a member and you do the work. Try it! Well I got to go love you all.
Temperature: 90°F, Partly Cloudy
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment